Emerson Giraldo Estrada
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: Daytime and Evening appointments
- Office hours by appointment (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday).
- Bereavement / Grief
- Workplace stress
- Physical/ Sexual/ Emotional abuse
- Developmental Trauma
- Men’s Issues
- Spiritual Counselling/ Search for meaning
- Somatic Experiencing Therapy (SE)
Couple Counselling /Marriage Counselling
- Communication Skills
- Couple/ Marriage/ Post-Affair
- Couple/ Pre-marital
- Couple/ Same sex/ LGBTQ
- Couple/ Separation/ Divorce
- Couple/ Physical/ Sexual/ Emotional abuse
- Family Counselling
- Family Therapy/ Blended families
- Family with children/ Teenagers
Emerson is an integrative counsellor that seeks to facilitate a flow that enables clients to process their own experience in a warm, calm, and compassionate manner. Emerson’s working experiences are rooted in his journey from Colombia to Italy, and then to Canada teaching and counselling children, teenagers, and adults. Emerson has a commitment to assist others in challenges while they find meaning and develop an opportunity to reframe difficult and traumatic experiences. He also has a special interest in working with individuals, couples, and families in addictions and anger. Emerson is sensitive to a great variety of cultural and faith traditions. Emerson is solidly rooted in his traditions with a faith that is clearly inclusive.
Emerson’s integrative approach consists of Humanistic, Experiential, Systemic and Psycho-dynamic models directed by the needs of the client and from various theories, including: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Attachment in Family Therapy (AFT), Cognitive – Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Somatic Experiencing (SE), Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT), and Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP).
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)- Application in process
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)- Application in process
- College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO)- Application in process
- MA in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University- Ottawa, Canada.
- Advance Training in Self-in-Relationship Psychotherapy (SIRP)- Ottawa, Canada.
- Advance Training in Somatic Experiencing (SE)- Ottawa, Canada (in progress)
- BA (Hons) in Psychology from York University- Toronto, Canada.
- BA in Theology from Gregorian University- Rome, Italy.
- BA (Hons) in Pedagogy and Philosophy from Saint Thomas Aquinas University- Bogota, Colombia.